I know. You are so busy with homework, after school activities, possibly a job and everything in between. How can you realistically make time to be more spiritual? Establishing solid spiritual habits today will bless you in the long run and now. So how do you keep yourself spiritually in-tune during the craziness of everyday life? Here are some suggestions:
- Pray. The hymn, “Did You Think to Pray” begins by saying, “Ere you left your room this morning did you think to pray?” Praying in times of trial and happiness can definitely give you the boost needed to manage your day.
*Tip: If you have a hard time remembering to pray set it in your schedule. For example, every time you put on chapstick say a prayer. Soon it will become a habit!
- Seminary. Seminary will give you the foundation needed to begin each day on a spiritual high. Plus, it helps establish great scripture reading habits!
*Tip: If you are having a hard time focusing ask for a seat right up front. Give your full attention to the teacher—this means no electronic devices to distract you.
- Media and Awareness: Take a break from the screen in front of you and be more aware of the world around you. Elder David A. Bednar said that too much of even a good thing can be harmful to your spirit.
*Tip: If it’s difficult for you to be separated from your electronic device set a timer for how long you will allow yourself to be on it. This way 20 minutes doesn’t turn into 2 hours.
- Personal Progress. This program develops your talents, weaknesses, interests and testimony. It also helps you step outside yourself and serve others. You will find you have time for what is really important in your own life.
*Tip: If you find you are too busy for this program set up a specific time in your week just for personal progress. Sundays are a great day for it!
- Be kind. The way you treat others and yourself can totally affect your spirituality. Look at your relationships and see where there could be some improvement for kindness. You will be much happier and spiritually aware as a result.
*Tip: Pray for help and really think before you speak and act. Treat others how you like to be treated.
What are ways you help boost your spirituality in your busy world?