Ahhh Christmas. There is so much to do! There are cookies to be decorated, carols to be sung, Christmas books to read, hot chocolate to enjoy and that’s only the beginning. In December, I always feel excited (and overwhelmed) about fitting every Christmas-y activity into my calendar. (I’m probably not the only one who feels this way. . . 😉 )
One thing I’ve enjoyed the past couple of years is to have Christ-centered scripture study in the month of December. Focusing my scripture study has helped me to remember the purpose of all of the celebration. It has made all of the other activities and traditions even more fun. In the spirit of doing all of the Christmas-y things this month, here are some scripture study ideas to help you focus on the Savior.
- Study along with the 25 Days of Christ study guide.
- Read Jesus the Christ (If you read a few chapters a week you can be done by Easter!).
- Watch prophets testimonies of Christ.
- Peruse jesuschrist.lds.org.
- Read scriptures listed under Jesus Christ in the topical guide.
- Watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.
What are other ways that you keep Christ at the center of Christmas?