Is your family garden overflowing with zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and peppers? Looking for something easy and yummy to make besides more zucchini bread? Here is a lovely and delicious way to gobble up all that end-of-summer goodness!
1 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup water
salt & fresh ground pepper
1 small eggplant, trimmed,very thinly sliced
1 zucchini, trimmed, very thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, trimmed, very thinly sliced 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, very thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil, to taste
1 teaspoon fresh basil leaf, to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, to
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spread tomato paste into the bottom of a 10×10-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with onion and garlic and stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and water until thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange alternating slices of eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper, starting at the outer edge of the dish and working concentrically towards the center.
- Overlap the slices a little to display the colors.
- Drizzle the vegetables with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil and thyme leaves.
- Cover vegetables with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit inside.
Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables are roasted and tender, about 45 minutes. Serve with rice or your favorite crusty bread.