RubyGirl welcomes your words and images!
We encourage you to share your stories and perspectives with us. We’d love to read about what the world looks like from where you stand. Do you have a story that might help another girl navigate through her journey?
Here are a few ways you can submit to RubyGirl:
Writing. We hope to encourage writing as a tool for spiritual, personal, and emotional development. Every girl has her own authentic story. It can be spiritual, funny, honest, joyful, and growth promoting. Writing is a creative work rooted in growth. How are you growing? What have you learned along the way?
Photography. Do you have a favorite image or picture that gives you strength? Do you have a clearer understanding of the world through a picture or image? Send your inspiring pictures our way with a few words about the significance. Who knows, maybe your image will bring light to someone else.
Book, Television or Movie Reviews. It’s a confusing world out there. We’d love to know about books and shows that bring you joy.
Visual Art. There’s nothing better than a great piece of art. Share your inspiring talent. Send it our way with an artist’s statement. Sewing, music, cooking, etc.
Please help us build a place where everyone feels acceptance and belonging.
If you’d like to write a post for RubyGirl, here are some ideas to consider as you begin the writing process:
1. We love stories that are honest and inspire others to tell and think about their own story.
2. Think about your audience. Ask yourself—What story can I share that other Young Women will enjoy and learn from? What part of my story will inspire or help another young woman to understand and tell her story? What words can I share to offer a better perspective about being a Young Woman in today’s world?
3. You can’t go wrong with words and stories that promote a greater understanding of what it means to be a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. How are you gaining and sustaining your testimony? How do you work through the questions you have about the gospel?
4. Have you had an experience that has deepened your discipleship in Jesus Christ?
5. Do you have a funny story about dating, boys, friends, and awkward teenage moments?
6. Think of your life as a big canvas. Pretend that you have a camera lens. Tighten the camera lens down one part of your canvas. One story. One day. One theme or thought. One experience that changed your perspective or changed the way you think about life.
7. What’s the view From Where You Stand? Share your thoughts, jubilations, fears, joys, and sorrows. Take us to your part of the world. What are you observing and paying close attention to?
8. We’re happy to help edit your post. Writing is a messy and beautiful process. We welcome your words. Good writing builds bridges and connections in a way that will inspire large heartedness and empathy.
Suggestions for submissions: